Tuesday 13 February 2018

To Travel Is To Live - A Scrapbook Layout

Hello Everyone,

The third layout using another of the homemade kits I put together last year. After sorting through our massive photo collection and filing them into albums that only had spaces for photos that are 6x4, or smaller, in size left me with a pile of and panoramic and oversized photos needing a home. The photo on the layout is one of them ... it's of my husband, taken in Southern Ireland in 1999. It shows the mist rising up from the hills on a perfect Irish morning.
The base of this layout is a fabulous Webster's Pages paper showing fluffy white clouds on a beautiful blue sky. I've been stroking this paper for a very long time - two years at least - but it proved to be a difficult paper to use on a layout. Until, that is, I found this photo. The sky is not an exact match but I think it's near enough for me to get away with it. 

So here's a list of supplies used.

Base Paper - 'Journey Begins' from Webster's Pages Our Travels collection
Papers used for layering the photo and making embellishments - all from Simple Stories You Are Here collection (2016)
Stickers - Bo Bunny - the wavy multi-coloured strip below the photo; Simple Stories You Are Here 'Expressions' Stickers; Webster's Pages 'Sprinkled With Love'
Alphas - turquoise letters from Simple Stories Snap! Studio Brights; pale orange from previously mentioned 'Expressions' sticker sheet
Ink used to edge everything - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Weathered Wood 
Punches used to cut the three circles in each of the three embellishment clusters - Stampin' Up 1¼" & 1" circles
Enamel dots - Simple Stories So Fancy; Echo Park Petticoats & Pinstripes; Docrafts Papermania  Orange Neon Gems

The flower motif and the orange camera were fussy cut out from journaling cards in the Simple Stories collection and the small camera was cut from a Project Life card

The title is a quote from Hans Christian Anderson and the 'I haven't been everywhere ...', which was already printed on one of the Simple Stories papers, is from Susan Sontag.

I'm undecided what to do next. Should I make another layout or should I get my sewing machine out, or should I make a Valentine's card for a certain someone tomorrow ... oops! I think I've just answered my own question!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Super layout, Elizabeth. We visited Southern Ireland last year, as my brother lives there. A beautiful part of the world. xx