Monday 17 July 2017

In A Vase On Monday - A Lovely Bunch of Roses

Afternoon Everyone,

I'd have been here earlier but the sun is shining and the garden was just too tempting. I've been weeding, cutting back some overgrown shrubs, and planting out a pot of snow-in-summer, Cerastium tomentosum in a sunny spot where I'm hoping it will thrive and spread. However, the heat has finally driven me indoors to participate in Cathy's In A Vase On Monday with this gorgeous bunch of roses.
The recent wet weather hasn't been at all kind to the roses lately. Much too much rain. After a lot of deadheading and a couple of dry days they seem to be perking up again. This bowl is jam packed full with roses in ice cream colours. There's Elina, Patricia Kent, Happy Retirement and Burgundy Ice but there's also a couple of unnamed roses tucked in there too.
Elina

Patricia Kent

Happy Retirement

Burgundy Ice


These are the two unnamed roses.

The first one of these two has the strongest perfume of them all.

They look perfect in this cut glass bowl. I've put them on the coffee table so the perfume can fill the sitting room.

That's my vase today. I'm just hoping that this wonderful weather keeps up so I can catch up on all the overdue chores in the garden.

I wish you all a wonderful week ahead.

6 comments:

Kris Peterson said...

What a pretty confection those roses make!

AlisonC said...

How gorgeous, they did remind me of ice cream too. Nothing is more special than a bowl of roses.

Anonymous said...

I was going to refer to the ice cream colours but then you picked up on that yourself - definitely a creamy concoction! No such weet weather here, and the dryness has not helped my roses which sadly are in no hurry to produce another flush. Thank you for sharing yours instead :)

Eliza Waters said...

They must smell heavenly, so lovely in your crystal bowl.

Anonymous said...

Those gorgeous roses!
Good enough to eat. ;-)

Sandra H said...

So pretty and l reckon they will be a lovely fragrance around the house if they are anything like the ones l have in my garden xx