Wednesday 28 June 2017

WOYWW 421

Hi Everyone,

I'm back from my sojourn in the Highlands and I can report that it was fabulous. We even had a few wonderfully hot and sunny days. Sadly, the weather has been dismal since we returned on Sunday - could be that we've had our summer. Sigh. Enough. On to why I'm here, that'll be What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday over at Julia's, and why I'm so late, that'll be because I've been out most of the day at a patchwork/quilting class.
So not my usual desk today and please don't take a magnifying glass to those squares ... it will give the perfectionists among us a fit of the vapours. What you see are the side panels for a scrappy box bag. I'd love to show you the finished project but slow coach here didn't get it finished and, sadly, it's still a work in progress. Putting in the zip proved to be my Achilles Heel!!!

Here's a photo of some of the ladies beavering away.
We are in a former classroom in what is now Prestwick Community Centre but was at one time a Public School, built in 1882 to accommodate 350 pupils.
It's a lovely old building and it's also where the craft club I go to on Thursday afternoons is held.

I'll be back to share my make just as soon as it's done - hopefully, tomorrow.

In the meantime, I wish you all a very belated happy WOYWW and a great crafty week to come.

15 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

Hi Elizabeth! Sounds like you had a lovely trip! Have fun quilting! # 40

glitterandglue said...

Hi Elizabeth. Looks fine to me! Actually, it looks much more than "fine" - it looks great! Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Dorlene Durham said...

What a great old building to craft in! Your quilting squares are so pretty. I'm doing a little sewing this week too but nothing fun. Just alterations...had to dust the machine off. LOL Thanks for your earlier visit. Dorlene #36

Bubbles said...

Well, I DID take a closer look at the quilting - and I think its perfect - straight enough to look beautiful, and just un-perfect enough to look as though it was made with love :)
Have a wonderful WOYWW Wednes-YAY!!!
Bubbles #1
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/woyww-421.html

Annie said...

Hi Ellie. It looks perfect to me....and if it isn't who cares? It looks wonderful and well done you for making it. I will do my best to pop back to see it finished.
Hugs,
Annie x #16

Plush Possum Studio said...

I agree with Bubbles - it's quite attractive and very nicely constructed.
Happy WOYWW!
Rose #22

Megan J said...

Hi Elizabeth, a love the quilting, mine were never straight, changing machines and then not being able to use the foot width as my seam didn't help.... I did cover the bigger mistakes with carefully placed buttons.... Love the old school has a new life as a community centre... have a wonderful week... Megan

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Life's too short to worry about perfectly precise corners - I never do!! I like the monochrome fabrics, the pattern works really well. Zips can be an absolute b@£$%r, I so sympathise...
Hugs LLJ 13 xxx

May said...

Hi Elizabeth, so glad to hear you both had a wonderful break... love the patchwork I can't see no mistakes at all looking forward to the finished piece ... zips... noooo I don't think myself and zips would get along... but will have a try on day... Have a good week ahead... May #11

craftyani said...

You saying don't look closely I bet everyone did know I did and it looks fabulous. Would love to see a photo when finished. Anickoana #14

SusanLotus said...

So fun to meet other quilters and create together! :)

I do not participate this week, I still have to visit blogs from last weeks WOYWW and this week I´m just looking around.

Happy week to you!
Sussie

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, what a gorgeous old school. Bet you had a great time, nothing like a good workshop with like minded friends. Have a great crafty belated woyww, Angela x17x

Helen said...

your squares look ok to me! looking forward to your finished project. Helen #5

Lindart said...

Glad you had a lovely trip to the Highlands! I'm sure summer will return at some point. Your quilt squares looks wonderful! I look forward to seeing the finished product. Thanks for sharing, Lindart #35

Lynnecrafts said...

Love your quilting, the pattern is very striking. Have a great week, hugs, Lynne #46