... and a very happy Tuesday to you all too.
I have a very quick share today.
UKPC I've been experimenting with all sorts of alcohol inks, including Promarkers. This card is intended for my younger sister's birthday later this month. She doesn't read my blog so it's okay to share it here.
Here's how I made it:
- first I selected a bunch of colours that I thought would look good together. I chose a rainbow of colours. From left to right - Indigo Blue, Cobalt Blue, Duck Egg, Ruby, Cardinal Red, Poppy, Dusky rose, Ginger, Soft Peach, Buttercup, Pear Green, Olive green, Leaf Green, Lime Zest, Baby Pink, Lilac, Bluebell, Plum.
- to tidy up the edges of the panel I drew a line top and bottom with a Krylon 18kt gold leafing pen and then outlined that with a black Pigma Micron 08 pen.
- to decorate the card I cut out a decorated circle from a snippet of gold card using an inexpensive die from The Works and it cut perfectly.
- almost finally, the greeting from Stampin' Up's So Happy For You set was stamped in Stazon Jet Black and then I added three tiny hearts - saved from the butterfly waste - just because they were too pretty to toss.
- to finish the inside, and because there was a little bit of bleed through from the markers, I added a plain white insert.
Well, that doesn't look such a quick share but it's mostly photos and it really didn't take too long to make either.
Because I've used a couple of, admittedly tiny, snippets I'm submitting this to Pixie's Snippets Playground.
The reason for speed today is that as it is such a glorious day we are off out to Culzean Country Park. We're taking a picnic and we intend finding a lovely spot to just sit and enjoy.
I wish you all a very lovely day.