Wednesday 17 May 2017

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 415

Hi Everyone,

Where has the week gone??? ... I swear I missed several days this week because Wednesday has come round sooner than anticipated! Many thanks to everyone who wished my husband well. He's a lot better today, though still requiring a lot of TLC. Of course, it will be some time before he's completely recovered from his wee op. And providing a lot of that TLC is why I'm so late joining in with Julia's WOYWW over at the Stamping Ground today. I expect I'm the last this week but here's the mess that was my desk this morning.

I did find time to take a photo early this morning but then had to abandon all hope of posting until now. What you see is the remnants of a quick card made for my brother whose birthday is on Saturday. There's also a pile of print-outs of Studio Calico printable labels ... as I don't have any matching dies that will be a cutting out job to do whilst watching TV.
The photo sort out continues. This is three filled albums and I'm part way through filling no. 4. I've just reached the year 2000 so I've still a fair way to go before I can say my job here is done!
Here's the card I made for my brother - he doesn't read my blog so no worries about him seeing it before he receives it. This is another stamp from the Darkroom Door Bright Blossoms Vol 1 stamp set I've been using recently. You can scroll down to see the one I made earlier in the week or click this link here. I used Adirondak Earthtones Stonewashed ink for the stamping. The topper was made from scraps, cut using rectangle dies (made in China but no maker's name and I can't remember how I came by them) and the stars were also die-cut, using the two smallest dies in Docrafts XCut Star set. It's a simple card but it's all I had time for so will have to do - hopefully he will like it.

That's it from me today. I hope you've had a great WOYWW and have a wonderful week ahead.

10 comments:

Bubbles said...

I really love that ink colour (great card too!) - thanks for listing the name... though now I shall have to go out and buy it lol.
Glad to hear Hubby is on the mend... hope he carries on improving, and that you find some relaxing times to craft in :)
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Bubbles #22
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-415.html

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm so glad that the hubby is getting better...good news. You are doing an amazing job sorting out the photos, well done - it's a job that many of us would still be putting off :-D. The card is great for a bloke, lovely colour and straightforward design, he'll love it!
Hugs, LLJ 6 xxx

Tina Z. said...

Great news that your husband is feeling better.
And I love your blue card, such a great idea.
hugs xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased you found time to join in, it's late now and I should be in bed but just wanted to finish my visits round the desks. Best wishes to you both. Have a great crafty week and a happy woyww, Angela x15x

Claire said...

Wow, so impressed by your sorted photos - 3 albums already - no mean feat!! Good luck with no. 4!
Happy WOYWW, Claire no. 25

Helen said...

glad your hubby is recovering. great card for your brother. keep up the good work with the photos. Helen #1

Valerija said...

I'm so glad that your husband is recovering.
Wonderful card for your brother.
Have a great day.
Valerija xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, good to hear your Hubby is recovering, it's surprising, I found, just how long that can take, and how tired you feel for ages afterwards. Love the card, great stamp. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

Lindart said...

You do have a big job ahead of you! But it will be worth it in the end. Glad hubby is feeling better! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #33

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad to hear Hubby is doing better. I love the card, clean, simple and very effective. I'm sure your brother will love it. Sarah #17