Friday 12 May 2017

Friday Smile

Good Morning,

I hope you have had a very good week with plenty to smile about and share with Annie at A Stitch In Time. My husband's health hasn't been so good, necessitating a trip to the doctor, but despite that it's not been such a bad week. Here's a few photos showing what helped us smile this week.

Warning, yet another photo heavy post.

On Saturday we took a trip to Ballantrae to see Alfie at Craigiemains Garden Centre. He looked as pleased as any donkey could to see us ... the carrots helped :)

After Ballantrae we carried on down to Portpatrick where himself cosied up to this very fierce looking gorilla. Eat your heart out David Attenborough!



Also at Portpatrick was this display put on by the Dumfries & Galloway Blood Bikes. It's a charitable organisation set up by local volunteers to deliver essential blood and urgent medical supplies, in and out of hours, between hospitals and healthcare sites in South West Scotland and sometimes beyond. They were an impressive bunch, enthusiastic about what they do, and all for free!

This is my youngest grandson looking very sheepish as he shows me his sunburned arms, face and neck. This was after a walk with his college mates - they just didn't realise that you could get so burned while simply walking and not sunbathing. They are Sport and Fitness students!

Last photo. I just love this happy photo of grandson William and great-grandson Callum having fun in the sunshine. 


And finally - this sums up my spending habits perfectly :)

Hop you have a fabulously smiley week,

8 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Ellie. Really lovely photos today....lots to smile about. Really hoping your hubby's health probs improve very soon. I think we can all relate to the last pic....there's always enough money for that extra pack of fat quarters 😀
Have a good wee my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x

Twiglet said...

Beautiful photos - looks like a fun place to visit. Yes - that's my spending too!! Will love to swap ATCs with you. xx

Neet said...

You have some lovely men in your life Elizabeth. A handsome bunch!
Hope hubby is improving and he is soon returned to full health - nothing worse than a man being poorly, they don't seem to deal with it like us women.
What a lovely bunch of bikers, they should spread the word and get other places involved. In this day and age we need the volunteers. Congratulations to those people.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lisca said...

Great photos. Especially the donkey. I hope your hubby is fine again and it was nothing to worry about.
I've heard of the BVlood Bikers. They were in Bristol too. Great bunch of guys (and some gals).
Love the photo William and Callum. But it was the trunk they are sitting on that impressed me most. Wowee!That must have been a huge tree!
Have a good weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh my Elizabeth somebody knows Crafters there with that cartoon Lol! Love it though. My hubby's not too good at the moment so I know what you're going through, good job we girls are tough! Great photos and I have to say that's a nice donkey. Have a great weekend with lots of smiles, Angela xXx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Just had to pop back for a minute as the cartoon has missed one important product! almost as important as crafting stuff.... Chocolate Lol!

mamapez5 said...

I like the donkey. The last one I got that close to ate my raincoat! but I still like them.
I had to smile at the sunburned lad. I have put lots of sunscreen in the spare bedroom in the hope my son uses plenty this week. They are so determined to go home with a tan, and I have to keep warning them that our sun is much fiercer than they are used to, and it doesn't take long to burn them. Nice family photos this week. I hope hubby is OK. Kate x

Valerija said...

Gorgeous photos. Especially I like the cute donkey.
Have a great day.
Valerija xx