Sunday 7 May 2017

Captured - A Scrapbook Layout

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having a lovely Sunday and that the weekend has been good for you.

I don't know how I did it but I seemed to have missed (International) National Scrapbook Day. I had it in my mind that it was today but it seems it was yesterday.
Not to worry, I still managed to complete one page! Being the world's slowest scrapbooker that is something of an achievement. Nothing special and nothing very different from my usual style either. I think I need to challenge myself a bit more and try different formats before my albums start to look a bit too samey. Anyway, it is what it is.
All the supplies are old. I'm making a point of using up as much stuff out of my stash as possible. For example the base paper is from 2012, an Amy Tangerine Yes, Please design from American Crafts, Remember. The heart covered yellow design is another American Crafts paper, Wild Hearts, and the stripe is just the flip side of it. The polka dot design is from Simple Stories, Hello Baby - the cut apart that forms the base of top left cluster is from the same collection. In fact, I fussy cut the striped flowery heart from the bottom of that same cut apart - otherwise it would have been hidden. Some of the embellishments are from the Simple Stories So Fancy collection but most are the result of a rummage through my not inconsiderable stash. The floral washi is Trimcraft's Ruban Riverbank Rebels and I used a couple of words from Girl Words (I know, that's my great-grandson in the photo but I was very selective) from Echo Park's Petticoats & Pinstripes collection. I used a Project Life card from the Jade Collection to give me my title, 'Captured'.

I've no idea why I've given you those details - most, if not all, of the supplies are quite probably unavailable by now! I'm still on a spending freeze (sort of) so don't be too surprised to see more and more old supplies making an appearance in my projects. I think it is just possible I have enough to keep me going for another twelve months.

The photo is of our Callum, taken a year ago, capturing him pulling a very disgusted face. At the time he was going through a phase of making faces. He'd become quite an expert at it and had a full range, everything from extreme pleasure to sheer disgust. Seems like his breakfast didn't please him that morning.

After all that effort I have a bit of a mess to clear up but, once that's done, I may start on another page. The day is still young. I might even get it completed before the sun goes over the yardarm. Who am I kidding!

On that note I'll bid you a very good evening.

5 comments:

Veerle said...

I think you did a great job Elisabeth. I didn't even knew an international scrapbook day existed. Looks really nice. Hugs Veerle

Liz said...

Lovely LO, Elizabeth....... and what a brilliant photo! xx

Valerija said...

Your layout is really sweet Elisabeth. Love the design and the papers you used.
Valerija xx

Sandra H said...

Aww this is one gorgeous page layout we had a sunny day Sunday x

Darnell said...

What a great layout of Callum, Elizabeth! If all your pages are samey like this, it will be all right! It's a keeper of a lyaout! And good for you using up your stash! It feels so good!! I've noticed that a lot of us are spring cleaning and renewing our determination to use what we have! Problem is, it is a weak determination when something shiny and new and pretty comes into view, lol!! Hugs, Darnell