Sunday 5 March 2017

Sunday Snippets - Get Well Card

Afternoon Everyone

It's late afternoon too. I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday. It's been a gorgeously sunny day in Ayr today, the temperature was a positively balmy 56°F (13°C), tempting us outdoors with a visit to the local garden centre. Which explains why I've only just got to posting my Sunday Snippet for our lovely Di at Pixie's Snippets Playground. I'm sharing a card I made and posted mid February - I'm assuming that the recipient has received it by now - although with Royal Mail you can never be too sure of anything!
This is the last of the cards I made when I challenged myself to use leftovers from a scrapbook layout - details posted here.

Supplies used:

  • white card base measuring 4"x 5¾"
  • pink Project Life card used as base layer
  • pink/white patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Collection 
  • topper - cherry blossom die-cut from Tilda Garden Paper Pad
  • snippet of black cardstock trimmed to mat the cherry blossom die-cut
  • ink pad - Ink It Up gold metallic
  • stamp - leaf from Floral Blooms set (came free with a magazine) - difficult to see in the photo but gold leaves are stamped all over the topper
  • sentiment - die-cut words, Get Well Soon,  and the pink butterfly were a gift from a friend
  • glitter glue - Yellow and Black Diamond Stickles

Ah! The sun has gone now and I can feel the chill of the night starting to creep in. Never mind, tomorrow might bring the sun again.

Have a great week everyone.

11 comments:

Di said...

Hi Elizabeth! How lovely that you found time to come and play - afraid it's very wet in the Playground today so I hope you brought your wellies - and a towel to dry the swings!

Lovely Get Well card and great to see you using up snippets - they never go down though do they, sigh.

Ha, I thought you'd like this week's prize - calling all cat lovers :) xx

Hugs

Di xx

Carol L said...

This is such a dazzler with the zig-zag pink and white dsp! I'm loving the outlined black mats for the focal image and of course that butterfly is beautiful too!

Valerija said...

Very beautiful. Love the soft colours.
Valerija xx

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

such a pretty card :) i love that pretty butterfly and the chevron pattern background :)
xxx
preeti

Tina Z. said...

o, I love the design and flowers!

Jean said...

This is so pretty with a lovely look of spring.
Jean x

Brenda said...

What a beautiful get well card Elizabeth! I love the flowers, the black frame around it all just make it all pop! Love that butterfly too and that pink chevron paper!! Hugs, Brenda

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth, what a really pretty card, lovely floral image and lovely design, Kate x

Sandra H said...

This is such a pretty card and one to make anyone feel much better x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Elizabeth, it would cheer me up if I was ill.

Sue xx

Sarn said...

That's a lovely card Elizabeth. Very pretty.
Hugs, Sarn xxx