Wednesday 28 December 2016

WOYWW - The Last One of 2016

Hi Everyone,

I'd have been here earlier but we have had visitors ... and had a truly lovely time with them too. However, I really did not want to miss the last What's On Your Desk Wednesday of 2016, especially when I haven't been around for so many recently.

Here's what my desk looked like earlier today - so much tidier than of late. The mess, seen in previous WOYWW posts, just had to go ... it was shameful and too much of a disgrace to leave it like that to bring in the New Year. My dear mother, if she was still with us, would be black affronted (embarrassed) to have a desk/craft room looking so messy!

She was a great one for keeping to the Hogmanay tradition that the house had to be cleaned thoroughly before midnight on New Year's Eve, 31st December ... thus washing out all the old year's dirt. Anything less would lead to bad luck!  

On my desk now is the start of a layout which is intended to be the front page of my 69/70th year album ... using one of the few up-to-date photos of me I could find. As chief photographer (strictly amateur of course) in the family I'm not often the subject, but I did manage to snap a selfie the time I had a splash of pink put through my hair! I've pulled out a few sheets of patterned paper that look nice together. It's a start.
All that talk of Hogmanay and the New Year reminds me that I'd like to wish all you wonderful WOYWWers everywhere a very happy and healthy 2017.

Take care and stay safe.

12 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Ellie. I loved that photo of you and it still makes me chuckle that while you were going pink I was going purple.....great minds think alike eh? Here's to another year of fun and friendship in 2017.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Helen said...

Good to see you and to be able to wish you a Happy New Year too. your desk is very tidy, hope you get the layout sorted. Great pic! Helen #1

sandra de said...

Doing a good clean up before the new year is probably a great idea. But, sorry to say my desk keeps calling!! Have a great 2017.
sandra de @7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. It's noticeable that there are quite a few tidy desks at the moment but I bet they soon start to get busy again now Christmas is over. Have a great woyww, Angela x 6

Sharon said...

Lovely photo of you. Glad you got to join in today.

Happy New Year
Sharon K #19

craftyani said...

What a good idea to clean all before the new year somehow I don't think that would happen in my house. Was thinking of having a little pink in my hair but chickened out.like you I am the one and only photographer well there are always selfies. Happy Hogmanay to you. Ani xx.



Neet said...

If I want to get cleaned up my craft room will take a day at least. Better start now.
Great idea to clean for Hogmanay - might just have to adopt that idea.
Good luck with the new album.
Have a wonderful New Year - Hugs, Neet 12 xx

Kathyk said...

A splash of pink through the hair? What fun, fab project under way too

Happy New Year and belated WOYWW to you

Kathyk
#4

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, hope you had a lovely Christmas. Love the photo of you, the pages do indeed go together so well. Happy New Year to you all, Hugs, Shaz xx#3

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit earlier.
Like you I am the 'photographer' so my eldest daughter made sure she took one of me over Christmas - unfortunately I caught her and 'ruined' the photo he! he!
Dare you to go totally pink for your 70th - you can be Mrs Pink No2!!

Have a good and healthy 2017
Christine #10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Gordon's mum was from Greenock and from a young age, he was always the person to do the First Footing, as he used to be very dark haired! And I like a clean house to start the New Year too. Hope you have a good Hogmanay 😊
Hugs, LLJ 11 xxx

Sue said...

Hi Elizabeth, Hope you have plenty of crafting time in the New Year.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #9