Thursday 1 October 2015

WOYWW - plus one day!

Happy Thursday Everyone,

It's an especially happy one for me because I am finally back and settled into the craft room again - yippee! Too late for yesterday's WOYWW but, and I hope Julia will forgive me, I just couldn't wait until next Wednesday before the big reveal :)
First the desk - you've never seen it this tidy! Goodness knows how long this happy state will last but it's lovely while it does. All that's on it now are:  along the back, a box holding the current project, the cutting tools (guillotines and trimmer) and a tray which contains a pot of pens, pencils, etc., a box with cards ready to send out, the hot glue gun, a pot of embossing powder and the mug tree holding reels of various sticky tapes; in the centre, a tin holding scissors, tweezers and various adhesives; at the front, craft mats and a box containing my most used punches - the others are stashed elsewhere in the room.
In front of the desk is the new worktop area, or perhaps that should be the entertainment centre as it now holds the PC, TV and radio. On the shelf above there's all the art tools and materials that were too large to fit in the plastic drawer set under the TV. Next to them are music CDs, audio books, and my collection of DVDs. The pine drawers, a gift from my sister, holds the thousands of photographs yet to be scrapped and on top is the new shelving system for 12"x12" paper.
Behind the desk - this is the area that has changed the most. Before there was too much furniture which made me feel hemmed in and looked very cluttered. Now the furniture has been pared down to two bookshelves and a plastic drawer set. The shelves in the corner hold the die-cutting stuff, embossing folders, templates/stencils, more 12"x12" boxes - holding scrapping kits I've made up from stash ready to use - boxes of card kits and a box holding all the 6"x6" paper pads in one place.  The other shelves are home to all the stamps - far too many as it happens - and boxes of colouring pens and pencils. The little plastic drawer is home to fabric - fat quarters, etc., above that is a box of lace trims and a very old set of filing trays which contains very useful bits and bobs I couldn't find a home for. I even have a little display of artwork, my own and from lovely bloggers, on the wall behind the desk.
Finally, the sewing corner looking incredibly organised. Lots of storage on the walls for buttons and reels of thread. The newly painted table and chair look so fresh and clean.

If you got this far, thank you! Can you tell that I'm thrilled and delighted with my newly decorated room - it's been a long time coming. It would never have happened without my beloved husband, Alan (the EM), who did all the painting of the walls, the construction of the new worktop, and the refurbishment of the chairs. For all that he has my undying gratitude. My thanks also go out to Mr Black who stepped in at short notice, after we'd been let down, and laid the new flooring.

And for those of you who are wondering where The Boss is, she has found herself a new spot, just by the photo drawers, in which to doze. She's never too far away :)

Now, it's back to crafting,

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, that is looking fabulous!! I want to come and play there now, especially in that fab sewing corner. It's so beautifully organised, I love it! You're going to have such a wonderful time playing nicely in that fantastic space :-)
Hugs, LLJ 17 xxx

Bridget Larsen said...

I love your new workspace and yes it looks really neat and like most of us, for how long hahaha. Want to see next weeks photo and if you're anything like me bedlam!!
Bridget #1

Jacee said...

What a wonderful space Elizabeth, and so very tidy!! Enjoy.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Helen said...

Fabulous makeover!! What a wonderful space you have now... Something I need to do, but not sure it will happen.... the catalogue started a long time ago when there were maybe half what I have now, so it's easy to just add new stamps when I buy them. Could NOT think of starting from now!! Have a great week. Helen 2

Sandra H said...

Wow Elizabeth what a great craft room x

Jackie said...

A wonderful craft area Elizabeth, well worth the wait :o)
Jackie xx

Annie said...

I've only just found your post Elizabeth.....Wowzers I love your new room. I bet you can't wait to get in there now and make is messy :-)
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Viv said...

What a fabulous crafting room, you look so organized too! Mine is still ongoing but looking tidier than it once was I am glad to say lol.Thanks for the lovely comments too....so kind ;) Viv xx

LesleyG said...

I can see why you are pleased, it looks fantastic :)!

Julia Dunnit said...

It's a triumph Elizabeth! It looks so fresh and spacious and light - I can imagine how pleased you are. It's a work of love from that Em..he know s how much you love to craft and so he's made it easier and better for you..probably at the expense of having you sitting in the lounge with him!