Friday 25 September 2015

Friday Smile - Yarn Bombing in Selkirk

Evening Everyone,

Just taking a break from re-organising the craft room, now that the makeover is done, to share these photos taken last Saturday. We drove over to Selkirk, in the Scottish Borders, to see the yarn bombing that had suddenly appeared in the town.
Everything you might associate with Scotland. Because I took a ton of photos I've arranged a selection into the collages that follow:

In the last photo the knitting is around the base of a memorial to Sir Walter Scott, author of Rob Roy. Love the thistles.
Spot the kitty stuck up the tree.
The butcher was interviewed for the local news and he was quite clearly very amused by the knitted sausages. The native woman wearing the garland of flowers can be seen at the base of the memorial to Mungo Park, the 18th century explorer.

And finally, here I am under that tree with the kitty in it. We had the best of days for our trip.

No joke this week. The only joke around here right now is how I'm going to get everything sorted out in this room ... I could be some time!

Popping over to Annie's place to link up with all the you smiley people now,

Have a wonderful weekend.


11 comments:

Anne said...

Lovely photos Elizabeth - yarn bombing always makes me smile. Really like the strawberry and owl - sausages made me smile. Anne x

mamapez5 said...

I think this is such a funny idea but I love it. I have seen a lot of examples on the internet. It involves so much work. But how lovely and colourful it is. thanks for sharing. Kate x

Carole Pollard said...

Great photos it looks a fab exhibition love and hugs Carole x

Jackie said...

I have never heard of yarn bombing but it certainly looks like a very interesting event :o)
Jackie xx

Annie said...

Amazing knitting all round. What clever folk are out there. They really made me smile so thanks for sharing them.
Have fun making your sewing room yours again.
Hugs,
Annie x

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Elizabeth....what a fun town, a real treat to see - aren't there some very clever crafty people about. Have fun with the sorting and enjoy your weekend Cheers Robyn

Twiglet said...

Brilliant - I bet the yarn bombing raised lots of smiles. x Jo

Diane said...

Greetings Elizabeth until yo posted your pictures I had never heard of yard bombing. What a wonderful and colorful idea.

Hugs Diane

Tilly Rose said...

Hi Elizabeth
What a gorgeous post..full of colour and smiles!
I think every town & city should be yarn bombed as it makes everyone feel so much happier :)
Absolutely loved the sausages ;)
Tilly x

akilli melek said...

these photos look fab, glad you had a lovely day

Sue - said...

Lovely to see photos of Selkirk, a place dear to my heart. It was my mother's home town and I spent many happy holidays there. Haven't been back since 2007 though' but saw pictures of the yarn bombing on FB.