Saturday 15 August 2015

Baby's Crocheted Lap Rug - Another WOYWW Catch-Up

Hello Everyone

I hope your weekend is going well so far. We've had a day of mixed weather, rain showers in the morning with sun in the afternoon. Hope it remains dry tomorrow as we are planning to picnic at one of the local beauty spots if it is.

Before anything else, I'd like to thank everyone who sent their good wishes to my daughter, Juli, who is soon to have a cochlear implant fitted. She sometimes reads my blog so may have seen your comments, but just in case she hasn't I will be sure to pass them on to her ... I'm certain she will be most appreciative.

Now on to the catch-up. If you caught this WOYWW post a few weeks back you might recall seeing this lap rug while it was still a work in progress.
The finished rug is crocheted using eight colours double knitting acrylic yarn in a chevron pattern I had never tried before. It wasn't as tricky as I expected and I soon picked up the pattern. The original design called for just three pastel shades but, as I wanted to use a bright and cheery combination ... babies love bright colours ... I modified the design to suit.
The rug was made just big enough to be used to cover my great-grandson to keep him cosy in his car seat. Here he is 'modelling' it for us ... sound asleep.

That's me done for the day. It's late ... well, late for me ... and I'm off to bed so I'll bid you goodnight and wish you a good day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Di said...

Oh Elizabeth - what a darling photo of your great grandson modeling the beautiful rug you made. Such a happy post! Enjoy your picnic :)

Hugs

Di xx

JoZart Designs said...

He looks so peaceful and cosy in his new blanket, it's gorgeous. I love doing the wave in crochet as it saves all that stitching up.
Hope you enjoy the Southport show, it's a long way for you to travel but it's a super show.
We may go but as we are cheapskates we usually take advantage of the late entry day to get in for a fraction of the cost.
It looks an amazing programme for this year.
Good luck to your daughter, Juli.
Love Jo x