Tuesday 14 April 2015

Coming up Daisies

Afternoon Everyone,

Just back from the dentist with gleaming pearlies! And I don't have to go back for another 6 months - yippee!!! In the meantime, my dear husband, who lost a tooth last week ... it just fell out, no warning, nothing! ... is now there - his appointment being later than mine - so I thought I'd share with you something I made at his request.
A cushion for the garden bench, or form as he calls it. He thought it would be a dawdle ... I wish! Despite using the Teflon foot that's right for sewing the oilcloth chosen for the job, I managed to break a needle.


I also ran out of bobbin thread and only noticed it after I'd sewn quite a few inches - fortunately on the back seam which isn't on view.  The problem was that he didn't want a zip fitted so I had to stitch the back seam with the seat pad in situ. As the pad is cumbersome, it was really awkward to manoeuvre and by the time the job was done my patience was stretched to max! Never again! Needless to say, my dear husband no longer thinks this sort of sewing job is a dawdle!

Right, I'm off to undo all the hygienist's good work by having a bit of lunch ... no biscuits though :)

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you are having an enjoyable Tuesday. If not, just remember tomorrow's hump day and the week will be half done :)

8 comments:

Craftychris said...

I am glad the dentist went well and hope it does for your hubby too! I love your seat pad, the material is gorgeous! I would not know where to start. Mind you I have only just got a machine and haven't tried it yet so you never know in the future (a very long way in the future!) xxx

Annie said...

That's ghorgeous Elizabeth....well worth all your effort.
Hugs,
Annie x

Angie said...

Nice seat pad Elizabeth and worth the effort, it really does set the bench off.
You've just reminded me that I have a check up coming up soon - I've a wee niggle in one of my back teeth, right on cue!

Rita said...

Good News at the dentist. Love your daisy bench cover Elizabeth, really summery too. Hugs Rita xxx

crafty cat corner said...

Next time he demands a seat cushion fold a blanket it will be quicker. lol
Don't like the sound of a tooth falling out, my Dentist told me on the last visit that I had one a bit loose, I can't feel that but must take his word, the joys of ageing.
Briony
x

Jacee said...

It looks fab Elizabeth!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Liz said...

Love your bench cushion! It was worth all the effort for a great end result. I'm trying to work out if the fabric is the same as the table covering I use when friends come round to craft. You can see my table covering here: http://crafty-lizc.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/second-fundraising-cardmaking-evening.html

Jackie said...

What a pretty cushion, it looks beautiful :o)
Jackie xx