Wednesday 25 February 2015

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 299

Hello Fellow WOYWWers

It's been a long time since I last joined in, but then it's been a long time since there was anything on my desk to reveal.
But today I've been pulling stuff out of stash to put together another scrapbook kit to work on over the next couple of weeks. From the photo at the front you can see the colour choice is based on red, gold/mustard yellow and black.
Here's where I have been spending most of my time in recent weeks - at the coffee table in front of the sofa. I started a little crochet chick a couple of weeks ago and haven't really made much headway and I've been planning where/how/when to sow seeds for cutting this year. Oh, and that's a cup of tomato soup ... I've been practically living on it for the last couple of months!

In yesterday's post I announced that I was going to the hairdresser's today and that there was going to be a big change.
 This is the before photo.


And this is the after shots ... a drastic change and although the EM thinks it's lovely I'm still not sure. However, it will be much easier to look after and that was the intention. 

It's probably going to take me the best part of the week to visit many of you. I'm still recuperating and that means I have to rest a lot, hence the long absence, but I'm getting there and my mojo seems to be making it's way back too :)
For now, it's goodbye from Bonnie who seems to have taken up almost permanent residence on my workdesk. 

Take care and stay safe.

Happy Crafting,

13 comments:

Annie said...

Wow Elizabeth what a difference a day makes....I LOVE the new hair. It really suits you.....and will I'm certain make you feel so much better for having been spoiled with a bit of pampering. Take things slowly and please continue with your recovery my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne said...

As I said already Elizabeth I think it really suits you. Glad you are getting better. Do make sure you continue to take it easy - will be worth it in long run.Glad to hear your mojo is coming back. Anne x #28

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's good to see you back Elizabeth and even better that you're crafting again :-). I love your hair as well, so funky punky...it really suits you!
Hugs, LLJ 26 xx

alifefullofpassion said...

Oh my! just to see your work space with the yarn on top makes me want to crochet again, those pictures look so cute! thanks for sharing :)

April said...

I LOVE your new hairstyle. I keep thinking about getting mine cut for easier upkeep. I hope you feel better quickly.
April #75

scrappymo! said...

Sorry to hear you have been ill...hope your desk gets messy every day...now that yu are feeling better! lol

You were so brave to cut your hair. Good for you. I think you will find it easier to look after. More time for crafting too!!!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hello Elizabeth,
Good to hear that you are feeling better. Your hair was so long and you have lovely color of hair too. The short hair is very nice. I'm going through a hair change myself. At 50, I decided not to color my hair anymore and just let nature take its course, the grey journey I will be going through. Thanks for sharing your before and after photos.
Have a lovely day and hope you will be a 100% soon.
Blessings : )

Sandra H said...

Great minds think alike Elizabeth my hair was a little longer than yours and l look the plunge about 6weeks back and had all of mine cut of l felt it was the best think l'd done for years having it always long l like your cut and it really suit you and l agree it will be easier to manage l find it easier xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Don't even think about visitng and overdoing it..just stay behind the coffee table and recuperate fully. I notice that you're doing gold and red on the scrapping front and then...yellow and red for the crochet...I sense a cheerful theme and I love that. your new hair is fab...my word though, you may need to crochet a scarf!

Kelly said...

Love the new hairstyle! You need to devote your energy to recovery - and crafting as you're able. Great to see you and Bonnie back. Hugs and Creative Blessings! Kelly #66

glitterandglue said...

Some beautiful colour ways there, Elizabeth, for your next pages, and a cute looking chick he is going to be. That's a very bold and brave transformation with your hair - love the new look - and think how easy it will be when you get up - a quick comb and run!!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #11

Chrysalis said...

It looks wonderful! So glad to see you around again - welcome back. I hope that means you're feeling much better, and can enjoy your new project. Have a great week, Chris # 21

Shoshi said...

Wow Elizabeth, what a transformation! Your lovely kitty looks totally unfazed by the whole thing. I have also transformed my hair a couple of days ago but no photos yet.

Thank you for your lovely comment. I am feeling a bit better about things today but was a total wreck yesterday. No date for re-admission yet but I hope it will be next week asap. I just want this thing over and done with now.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #42