Thursday 31 July 2014

Rudolph Day

Hi Everyone,

Because I missed Rudolph Day over at Sarn's (Stamping For Pleasure) last month, I was determined to make a couple of cards for this one. Otherwise I'll be desperately making cards right up to the last posting day and that would never do!!

That said, I have two different cards ... it's a character flaw I'm sure, but I really struggle to make two cards exactly the same!  However, what both cards do have in common is that the toppers and patterned paper sheets were printed from a CD, and oldie but a goodie, Magical Christmas Moments from cupcakecrafting.co.uk.
First, a Christmas bauble with a cute snowy scene on it. To the topper and patterned paper from the CD I've added some pale blue cardstock for matting and layering, some blue card candy and a bow made from a snippet of blue seam binding. I used a Tonic punch to create the diamond patterned strip of card that I've used to decorate the panel.
I'm not sure what you call this type of layering, it's not decoupage but the technique is similar, as is the effect.

The inside and back of the card are decorated using a sheet of matching insert paper from the CD plus some strips of paper left over from decorating the front.


The second card has a wee kitten sheltering from the snow - cute or what :) I've added red textured card (Papermania) and a NBUS, white snowflake embossed paper that I've been hoarding for a very long time - so long I've forgotten where it came from - more card candy, red this time, and gingham ribbon. Sparkle has been added using Stickles Xmas Red on the holly (behind the kitten) and the sentiment, and Crystal on the coloured beads hanging on the cord.



The inside was decorated with the insert paper to match the design and a smaller image, and for the back I've used a strip of the plaid pattern with the smallest image from the topper sheet.

As well as submitting this to Sarn's Rudolph Day Challenge - July 2014 I'm submitting it to the following challenges:
CHNC challenge 187: Cute - donkeys, kittens, and a puppy dog - couldn't be cuter.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July challenge
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 135 - that snippet of blue seam binding must surely count.

The little kitten sheltering from the snow looks just as I imagine Bonnie looked when she was tiny ... as she was about 9 years old when we adopted her I'll never know for certain. 

That's me done for this evening. I'll just publish and link this post to the challenges and then I'm off to bed. 

Goodnight dear friends, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite - want to know the origin and meaning of this phrase - check this link out here :)

Edited Note: I forgot to mention that the greetings on both cards are also digital, from Pink Petticoat's Traditional Christmas Greetings printed onto white lightweight card - my printer can't cope with anything heavier.

10 comments:

scrappymo! said...

two adorable card. The donkey is so cute and your layers look great.

The kitten steals the show for me. It helps that I love kittens although we have not had a cat for several years. I shall have to live vicariously through my cat owning blogging friends.

The colours with the kitten card are so bright and festive!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Elizabeth two great cards.. well done.. love the kitty and tartan. :) Shaz in Oz x

Jackie said...

Both cards are so delightful Elizabeth :o)
Jackie xx

Marie-Louise said...

These are both gorgeous Elizabeth.

cuilliesocks said...

Both card are so sweet Elizabeth, as I love cats and horses, both tick my boxes, lovely designs and insides, Kate x

Renate said...

Wat een superleuke kerstkaart. Bedankt voor je deelname bij CHCC Extra en veel succes bij de trekking.

Groetjes, Renate

Sandra H said...

Oh my goodness Elizabeth both are stunning x

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous cards just love the designs and fab images Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Di said...

What darling cards Elizabeth! Such lovely images and beautiful designs as always.

I did grin about you struggling to make two cards the same - that's the artist in you! Me? I can churn out repeats for the GB team - that's the boring old production line streak in me!!

Hugs, Di xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x