Just popping in with what is sure to be my last visit in 2013 to Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 105 with a little card I've made for a sweet wee girl who will be three years old on New Year's Day.
- White 4.75"square card base
- I used a selection of papers from Pebbles Sunny Side 6x6 paper pad. One sheet, the pink gingham, was used to cover the front surface of the card. Three sheets, one floral patterned, one pink chevron and a teal polka dot were
- To make and colour the topper I stamped, with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on to a snippet of smooth white card, Docrafts Forever Friends Gift stamp which I coloured with ProMarkers. The bear is coloured with Satin, Oatmeal, Sandstone - he looks a tad pale in the photo but much healthier in real life :) For the present the bear is carrying I picked out colours from the patterned -Cool Aqua, Duck Egg, Rose Pink and Pastel Yellow. The whole image is outlined with Ice Grey 1.
- Once coloured, the topper was cut out using a die from Spellbinders Labels Nine set and my trusty Cuttlebug. I then traced the die on to a snippet of smooth pink card and cut around it to create a faux Spellbinder label for matting.
- The greeting was made in a similar way using the Sending Hugs stamp from Wild Rose Studio Love Circles but this time the stamp was cut out and the matting was punched to create a 1.5" circle.
- For the final touch to the front I chose two Teresa Collins Summer Stories enamel dots and the tiniest scrap of turquoise patterned ribbon. I've simply knotted the ribbon because I find it nigh impossible to make a bow I'm happy with when it has a pattern, as this one does, on one side only.
- Inside is decorated with leftover strips of the paper and stamped with a birthday greeting from Hero Arts Classic Messages.
The storms have abated, albeit temporarily, and at the time of typing it's dry outside. There's a couple of guys working on clearing our gutters ... we will now be able to stand on the front doorstep in the rain and get soaked :)
Hope it's good wherever you are too and it has been a happy Monday for you all.
Take care and stay safe.