Monday 9 September 2013

White Christmas

Evening Everyone

I hope you've all had a happy Monday. It's not been a bad old day here, lots of lovely autumnal sunshine for most of it, but along came the rain at tea-time.

I've been carrying the idea for this card around in my head for quite a long time now. Why it has taken so long to transfer from the little grey cells to craft desk is one of life's mysteries :)
An all-white Christmas card that was so simple to make. A piece of white card, embossed with seasonal phrases and a poinsettia cut from felt - quick and easy!
However, it wouldn't be Christmas without a bit of sparkle so I heat embossed snowflakes stamped around the edge with a crystal powder. The pearls are the finishing touch.

And, of course, the front and back got the snowflake treatment too.

Materials used:

  • white A6 size card base
  • a piece of smooth white card for embossing with QuickKutz A2 Phrases embossing folder
  • white felt and Spellbinders Poinsettia die set
  • Anita's Magical Christmas stamp set, VersaMark and Stamp n Stuff Crystal embossing powder
  • white pearls for embellishment

I'm submitting this card to the following:

Pixie's Crafty Snippet Playground Week 89 - where, as ever, all that is required for entry to the playground is that we use some snippets on our creations ... the snippet is the white card used for the embossed topper.

And, hoping that Hazel is still sitting down, CHNC 141. Two days in a row! The remit is to layer it up, with at least three layers. This time the poinsettia is made up of four layers.

And also Hazel's other challenge - CHNC Challenge Extra for September - where, as always, the challenge is for anything as long as it's Christmas.

The Glory of Christmas challenge 15: 'anything goes' - where Hazel is currently a member of the design team providing lots of wonderful inspiration.

Right, if I'm going to watch Doc Martin I'd better get a wriggle on ... so nice to have Martin Clunes back playing the irascible doctor. He reminds me of a doctor I was PA to back in the day ... he had such a bad temper but he certainly new his stuff :)

Hope you have an enjoyable evening, whatever you have planned.

17 comments:

sue w. said...

Hi Elizabeth, this is gorgeous. So elegant. Love the embossing and fab flower.
Hugs Sue W.

Cathy said...

Beautiful white on white card Elizabeth, love all the texture and it looks so elegant, Cathy x

scrappymo! said...

This looks so elegant and lovely! The felt was a nice twist for the poinsettia!

Di said...

This is literally a WOW card in every sense of the word Elizabeth! Fantastic design and beautifully made. Really clever to cut the poinsettia from felt, something tells me I may have some white felt with a little bit of silver sparkle in hidden somewhere so I may well follow suit with a little batch similar - err, but without the fabulous heat embossing probably 'cos me and heat embossing of card just never seem to work out. I suspect I get too close and the card always seems to buckle :)

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Me again! I forgot to add - here's where I got the notebook edge die from: http://www.diestodiefor.com/search.php?pg=1&stext=notebook&sprice=&stype=&scat=411

I bought the 6" long strip at £7.50 'cos it seems the most versatile .............. and also was the cheapest option :)

Hugs, Di xx

Carol L said...

How stunning!! The subtle sparkle on the snowflakes is dazzling, while that felt poinsettia is gorgeous! Well done!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Elizabeth is is very "speshul" indeedy!!

.. thanks for popping over, and making my day and yes off to peep at cute bears card below too - I keep looking at that poinsettia die but really have soo many dies!! bad me!! Shaz in oz.x

Jules said...

Morning Elizabeth

This is super beautiful .. .. love all the white .. .. and the embossed snowflakes are the perfect finishing touch.

I am way!!!!!!! behind with my Christmas makes. :-(

Love Jules xx

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Elizabeth. I love white on white. Great idea with the sparkly snowflakes around the edge.

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous card, I do love white on white :o)
Jackie xx

Jo said...

Beautiful.....love the touch of sparkle round the edge & the felt poinsettia looks gorgeous!
hugs Jo x

Hazel said...

Yes, I'm sitting down, Elizabeth, and smiling! I love white on white and your card is so elegant and lovely. I like the extra touch of the sparkly snowflakes. Thanks for linking for CHNC challenges and also the Glory of Christmas - hope to see even more of your festive loveliness soon (while you're on a roll - lol!) x

Ann B said...

A beautiful elegant Christmas card and I love the felt flower, thought it was parchment at first glance.
Ann B

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant, Elizabeth! The embossing is beautiful with the addition of the embossed snowflakes! Wow!

Sarn said...

I absolutely adore white on white cards and this one is perfect.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Sally H said...

So elegant and beautiful, Elizabeth! Love it!

MaryH said...

When I saw this elegant white card, before I even saw your name, I thought "Elizabeth". It just has your signature style. Love the total white, and your lovely felt poinsettia. Just beautiful & sparkly. Been MIA, so I'm off to check your other gorgeous cards that I've missed seeing. TFS & Hugs