Saturday 29 June 2013

Steampunk Card for a Betweenager!

Happy Saturday Everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.
This is the card I made for my granddaughter's tenth birthday this week.

I spotted the CD, Steampunk - The Next Generation, which the toppers and papers came from during a Jem's Design's demonstration on C&C TV and thought it would be just perfect for creating cards for my granddaughters who are all at what I think of as the difficult stage - the betweenagers!
Because everything is in JPG format I was easily able to import the 'paper' image into a graphics programme and create panels for the inside of the card.

Materials used: 
  • pink cardstock cut to form a 5.5" square card base; 
  • black cardstock for matting and layering; 
  • Jem's Design, Steampunk - The Next Generation CD; 
  • MS Publisher programme to create inside panels; 
  • Spellbinder ribbon tag die; 
  • Ladybug Crafts It's Only Words 2 stamp collection for sentiment; 
  • Penny Black Birthday Wish stamp (inside);
  • ribbon, roses, gems and stickles for embellishments.
I'd like to submit this card to the following challenges:

Left of Center Challenge 9: Use a Sentiment on the Front and/or LOC theme!
and

Right, off to watch the tennis now!

Take care everyone and happy crafting,

7 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, Your card for your grand daughter is stunning so beautifully presented too x

artwolf2009 said...

she is surely going to like your Card. Thanks for playing along with us a LOC and hope to see you soon again.

ria gall said...

a really great card and lovely to see girlie steampunk because it does not always have to be dark grunge.
I am really loving what you have done with this card so pretty
Ria

Jennifer said...

Such a really cool scene you've created! I love the added gears! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

CarlaKH said...

Ohh I bet she will love this! Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center!

Keren Howell said...

Pink Steampunk - what a brilliant variation on a theme! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at LOC! xxx Keren

Jem's Designs said...

hello Elizabeth, i just crossed your blog site by pure accident and saw this steampunk card using my design. It is gorgeous and i hope your granddaughter loved it, its always lovely to see my work in finished formats. happy crafting Elizabeth, and thank you.xxx