Monday 13 May 2013

Crocus Vernus

Evening Folks,

I trust you are all well and have had a good Monday whatever you have had to do.

It's been a good day at Casa Worthington (we'll ignore the awful weather). My oldest grandson popped in for lunch - it's always a pleasure to see him and have a chat.

Craftwise, I've been sorting through the pile of leftover cardstock, trimming the pieces to sizes that will be good for making toppers in a flash ... well, that's the plan anyway. All that pottering means there really isn't much to see on my desk apart from a lovely pile of neatly trimmed card in all the colours of the rainbow. However, I do have this card to share with you.

It's another one of the cards with digital stamps I printed out last week on to Papermania textured cardstock, This one features a posy of crocus, together with the Latin name tag, from the Spring Bloom collection by the Paper Garden Projects. The flowers are coloured in ProMarkers - Lavender, Lilac and Bluebell for the flower, and Lime Zest, Pear Green and Marsh Green for the leaves.



As usual, I've shrunk the stamp to fit on the insert and back of the card.









I do have some happy news ... the EM's lovely great-niece. Laura, has given birth to her second baby, a little girl to be called Erin, just yesterday - a little sister for her big brother, Dillon. It only seems like yesterday we were at Laura's wedding to Rick ... how time flies!

That's it for me today - short and sweet. I'm off to see if I can do something really creative and crafty now ... make a baby congrats card perhaps :)

Take care everyone and happy crafting,


6 comments:

Angie said...

Congrats to Laura ...cant wait to see what you create for the card ...maybe use some of your hard work, to make a topper ???
That crocus card is so beautiful in its simpicity.
We were wet over here too ...heavy showers ...then sun and rain again. xx

Di said...

Wow, totally soft and very pretty card Elizabeth. Love your colouring!

Hugs, Di xx

scrappymo! said...

Love the soft almost watercolour look to this card. I love the way the edges of the image are sort of grannulated rather than crisp...adds to that dreamy feeling.

Jackie said...

A wonderful CAS card Elizabeth, I see that you have become addicted to my favourite card fro printing pics :o)
Jackie xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth Oh Wow what a beautiful card so lovely are your flowers xx

coops said...

simply stunning Elizabeth.your crocus is so pretty ;D

xx coops xx