Thursday 25 October 2012

Rudolph Day and Snippets Christmas Cards

Hi Everyone,

Hope you have all had a good day and all is well with you.

Today is Rudolph Day over at Sarn's at Stamping For Pleasure and I did manage to make a few cards well in advance especially for this challenge. Yesterday, I did post this group photo for WOYWW day.


All the cards are made from much the same basic materials, e.g. the toppers are all from My Paper Stash's Robin on a Perch set which also includes the tiny robin background card. The red spotty design is  Kanban's Snow Red Background Card.

Everything else - the dark green card, white card, embossed vellum and blue card, ribbons, cord, pearls, card candi and Polar White Flower Soft  - came from the snippet and stash drawers. And that being so, I'll be popping over to Pixie's Crafty Workshop again to join in the playground romps at Di's Sunday Snippets.

Here's a quick look at each card individually.


The background for this card is a piece of blue card that I found when rummaging in the embossed pieces box. I tried out something I've been planning to have a go at ever since I watched a Stampendous demo on TV showing how to use Frantage. Whilst watching I figured that it might be possible for me to create a similar effect using what I already had in my stash. I tested this out with a mix of white, silver and dark blue embossing powders topped with light and dark blue, iridescent white and silver glitters on an off-cut of the blue card and the result was good. Here's a close up of the same mix edging the front of the card.


If you have been having similar thoughts then do try it ... I think you'll be well pleased with the result.


And the practise piece didn't go to waste either, it's now decorating the inside of the card :)

The other three cards were simple quick and easy cards.


The base of this card is covered with some embossed vellum from that box.


Again, wasting nothing, the inside is decorated with the trimmings of the embossed vellum.


This is a variation on a layout I've used a lot recently.

Last, but not least.


Sorry, it's a bit of a photo-heavy post so I'll spare you pics of the insides and backs of the cards ... they are decorated with leftover patterned card in my usual way.

The EM has just made me a cuppa so I'm off to have that and a some time out on the sofa watching this evenings TV drama.

Wishing you all a lovely evening.

Happy crafting,

12 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Elizabeth, these are gorgeous!!!

Sandy said...

Love your "birdie" cards, pretty designs, love the ribbon, diecuts and that fab border punch too.
Hugs,
Sandy

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

A great little robin collection . .. we love robins here in the House of Hearts and have a few of them dotted around the house (not real ones of course !!).

Love your home made Frantage. I have been looking at that but as always there is far too much choice colour wise .. .. and I feel it is something I need to "physically see" to make a decision on what colour I perhaps need. Internet shopping isn't the same as comparing two little tubs in person is it?!?!?

Might have a go at your technique! Thanks for the inspiration.

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Robin cards.
luv
Debby

Di said...

Fabulous cards Elizabeth!! Love them all but my very fave is the top one - at a loss about Frantage, but the end result is absolutely stunning!

Hugs, Di xx

Amanda said...

These cards are stunning, love the fact that all are different but similar if you know what I mean. Hugs, Amanda x

Sarn said...

Hi Elizabeth

Well done for making a collection of Robin cards. They are all lovely and I can almost hear them singing!

Good idea about the home-made frantage . . . although if I tried that, I'd be covered in the stuff!

Thanks for joining in with my challenge. Good luck.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Rita said...

Elizabeth, your cards are beautiful. I love Robin Redbreasts and now we have a few in the garden, its lovely to watch them. I really need to make a start with my cards too as I only have a few made. Hope your feeling a bit better. Hugs Rita xx

coops said...

so stunning elizabeth.i love the gorgeous robins and your frantage is brilliant ;D

xx coops xx

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous robin cards Elizabeth. Love the touches of shine and glitter! So jealous that you're ahead with your cards - I haven't even started yet!!
Juliaxx

Sandra H said...

Oh wow Elizabeth these are fabulous x

Brenda said...

Wow these cards are fabulous!