Tuesday 23 October 2012

Boo! to You ... Again ... cards from leftover Halloween papers

Hello Everyone,

How are you all doing? I hope you are well and enjoying the week so far. I see from the school just across  from our house, that the children are back to school after the October break ... that must be giving a lot of mums more crafting time :)

I've been trying to catch up on my to-do list ... uphill work at the moment but I'm getting there. Today, I've been working on and have finished my Rudolph Day card for this month ... early! Will wonders never cease!?!? Of course, I will not be sharing it until the 25th so here are two cards I made using the leftovers from the tag shown in an earlier post.


The materials used are more or less the same as for the tag with the addition of red alphas, Docrafts' Forever Friends Cosy Christmas, for the 'boo!' and the black gems used for a finishing touch. The gruesomely stretchy spiders are resting on a tangled web ... I made this by just taking a length of the webbing trim, pleating it and after tying the centre with a length of bakers' twine, spreading it out to form a circular shape. Instead of cutting off the tails of the bakers' twine, they have been looped around the card.


Loved that the patterned paper had the word Halloween repeated throughout - it enabled me to trim round it for the decorative strips inside and on the back.


It seems I have a thing for pennants at the moment - they are so useful they keep popping up on my cards and scrap pages.

Materials:
Leftover dark green cardstock, Paper from My Mind's Eye 'Boo! to You' Collection, Kanban ivory web trim, googly eyes, Asda stretchy spiders, black/white bakers' twine, Docrafts' Forever Friends Cosy Christmas Alphabet letters; black gemstones

All those leftovers means that I'm heading over to Di's again - that's Pixie's Crafty Snippets Week 43 - I think she might be impressed at how quickly these snippets got used up instead of being dumped in the pile, which is what usually happens.

I'm planning to play with embossing powders and glitter now ... I have an idea which might or might not work. If it works, I'll let you see it, if it doesn't I did say a thing :))

Have a lovely evening and see you tomorrow on WOYWW,

Happy crafting,


8 comments:

Rita said...

What fabulous cards Elizabeth. I have never made a Halloween card. Hugs Rita xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, Both card are fabulous x

scrappymo! said...

Great idea to wrap your pennants around the back edge. I loving that!

That webbing is fab...Gives a great effect.
Got to get cracking on with mine! Have to make 2 but will try for 4 as my sister is really into Halloween and I like to give one to the neighbours kids too...4 it is!!! Oh boy...
Still working on gardening so I'd better get a shimmey on...

Craftychris said...

Both these cards are really cool. You are right about that paper, its fab! xx

Craftychris said...

Forgot to say how effective that webbing looks in the background - brilliant! xx

Julia S-W said...

Great cards Elizabeth. I love the centre panel on each and how you've framed it - a great touch. I think your pennants look really good.
Juliaxx

Di said...

Wow, super cards and so clever to use the webbing trim! Loving the pennants too. Hugs, Di xx

Amanda said...

Perfect halloween cards, the spiders on the front look very realistic too. I love pennants too and these do seem to be the in thing at the moment. Hugs, Amanda x