Friday 5 October 2012

A Cat Lover's Birthday Card in Autumn Colours

Hello Everyone,

A bit earlier this evening after an easier day - no appointments to keep and no unexpected visitors ... well, that's so far :)

I hope you have been enjoying an equally easy day and maybe even some crafting time.

This is a card, I made a couple of days ago ... you may have spotted it sitting on my workdesk on Wednesday.


I wanted to put together a card for someone who loves cats but using the colours of the season - something just a bit different. It was reasonably quick and easy to assemble although cutting round a shaped card is, for me, time consuming and a bit of a pain - quite literally ... however, this particular shape is relatively uncomplicated.


I dipped into my box of embossed bits and bobs and found this piece of yellow Coredinations - one of my test pieces for what was a new embossing folder at one time. I lightly sanded it down and trimmed it to fit across the page ... with the tiny piece left over I managed to punch out the scalloped oval for the greeting.



Materials used:
A shaped white base card; Basic Grey's Origins 6x6 paper; snippet of yellow Coredinations cardstock; Docrafts small flower embossing folder (free with a Creativity Magazine); small length of dark green/silver edged satin ribbon; Create and Craft's cat topper and charm; sentiment computer generated; Tim Holtz distress ink pad, scattered straw. Tools: Cuttlebug; Stampin' Up oval punches, two sizes, and label shape for greeting topper.


Apart from the gorgeous Basic Grey paper, all the materials are from the snippets pile, even the ribbon is out of my dish of pretty scraps, so this is another card for Di's Snippet Challenge #40 this week.

I'd also like to submit it to the following challenges:

Sarah Hurley's Challenge # 73 - Autumn
Crafty Ribbons Challenge # 29 - Anything But A Square
The DYSU Challenge # 92 - Warm Colours

That's me done for now - I'm off to get my daily fix of my favourite quiz programme, Pointless, and I don't know if I will be back later ... I might just be playing with H2Os, stamps and embossing folders.

Tomorrow we are taking a trip down to Dumfries and Galloway. There's a book festival going on at Wigton, Scotland's Book Town, so we are off to there to see what's new in the literary world.

I hope you are all looking forward to the weekend and have plans to enjoy yourself, even if it is just to stay in and craft.

Happy crafting,

8 comments:

Sandra H said...

Awwwwwwwww Elizabeth this is gorgeous!! x

Denise said...

Love this gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

fatmonica said...

It's beautiful!I love the cat and the fish skeleton.Thanks for sharing it with us at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.

Sarn said...

This is just purrrr-fect for a cat lover! Have a lovely day out.xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Elizabeth and being a cat lover myself I know that whoever receives this will love it :-)

thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

WencheP said...

This is just fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Di said...

Gorgeous card - how did I miss this one then? Writing the roll call right now so at least I now found it. Super for a cat lover! Di xx

Claire said...

Purrrfect card:D Thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this month.
C xx