Sunday 30 September 2012

Taj Mahal Note-Card

Hello Everyone,

As I am going to be out for some time from early morning tomorrow I'm posting this before I go to bed, so I'll be brief.

After making a mini photo album recently, I challenged myself to make a card from some of the leftovers and this is what I came up with.


There's not much to it - indeed, for me it's clean and simple :)

Although I've had it in my crafting arsenal for some time, I'm ashamed to say, this is the first time the Taj Mahal has been inked up. It's perfect for a note-card that could be sent out to either a male or female recipient.

Materials used:
Smooth brown cardstock for base for layering and matting plus scraps gold mirri card
A leftover piece from a sheet of The ScrapCake's One Moment In Time, If You Seize That paper Claritystamp's Taj Mahal stamp, VersaMark; gold embossing powder 
My favourite and often used 'just a note' sentiment
Tools: Martha Stewart edge-punch and SU label punch

Oops! Almost forgot to mention that, of course, using up all those snippets means I'll be submitting this card to the eagle-eyed Di's Sunday Snippets Challenge #40 ... I might just be the first into the playground this week :))

That's it ... I said it would be - I need my beauty sleep, especially as I have to be up bright and bushy-tailed in a few short hours :))

I remembered to take photos of the Christening card and will be posting it as soon as possible together, hopefully, with a pic of Arihanna in her Christening robe ... well, that's the plan.

In the meantime, I wish you all well and hope you are enjoying the weekend so far.

Happy crafting,

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Fab CAS card Elizabeth, great stamp.
Sandy

Mrs A. said...

Lovely card. So striking done in the brown. Picked loads of blackberries today so they are behind the potting shed with a big tub of cream. Dun tell no one else though!!! Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Wow, you nipped into the Playground really early Elizabeth - were you hiding in the bushes near the gates waiting for them to open?

A super note card and I totally adore the Taj Mahal stamp, just perfect.

Hope today is a lovely day for all concerned and looking forward to the photos.

Love, Di xx

Allthingsinky said...

Beautiful Card, Stunning Image...

Jackie said...

Beautiful cards since I last popped in, this one looks so classy :o)
Jackie xx

Sarn said...

Morning Elizabeth . . . hope all goes well at the Arihanna's christening today. LOVE her name!

Your card is wonderful. And yes . . .you're first into the Snippet Playground today . . . I'll be on the other of the seesaw for you !

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth. I love this stamp and like you I have gold embossed it and it looks really well done like that. Never thought of stamping it on the wonderful scrap cake papers though - great idea. Hope you have a wonderful day. Every good wish to Arihanna on her Christening day.

Sandra H said...

Hi Eliazabeth, Oh your card is absolutely beautiful l just love all of that gold around the image its beautiful! wonderful artwork xx

Lynn said...

A beautiful, stiking card. The stamp embossed is wonderful. I am sure this stamp could be used for lots more occasions. Happy stamping. Lynn x