Tuesday 28 August 2012

Three more of the same ...

... as the one I posted yesterday.

Hi Everyone,

Yes, I enjoyed making the card I made yesterday so much I made another three with the same layout and using the same stamp, it's only the colours that differ.


I chose to emphasize the reds and coppery browns that are in the Persimmon stickers this time. Apologies for the quality of the photograph ... I've been trying out different settings on my camera and still not got it quite right yet :( Here's a close up of the red one - nice sentiment.


The basic materials were the same, same card base, white card snippets, same pack of stickers, and same background stamp - but different ink and embellishments

Card: White 4"x4" card bases and snippets of white card trimmed to measure 4"x4" for topper
Stamp: Docraft's V&A quilts 1700-2010 Posy Background
The copper ink is a Brilliance pad, Cosmic Copper and the red is a from Papermania cube set. 
Sentiment: Docrafts Papermania Persimmon Collection Flounce Cardstock Stickers
Embellishments:  scraps of ribbon and an assortment of buttons tied with twine

All those snippets and scraps means only one thing, I'm submitting these cards to Di's scrutiny over at Pixie's Snippet Challenge #35

Decorating update: The EM is busy painting the ceiling today. There's an inch of dust on the furniture, after sanding down glue covered areas long hidden by an unwanted paper border strip,  and I am resisting the temptation to remove it ... I am reliably informed that it will get worse before it gets better so futile to fight it! So rather than be in the way, I'm holed up in the craft space dreaming up ways of using all the bits and bobs I've been sorting through ... it could be worse :))

Weather report: the sun is shining but it's breezy and getting more so here, I've got a couple of throws out on the line getting a good blow ... it's a great drying day, and we haven't had too many of them over the last week or so.

Time for lunch I think - if I can get through the lounge to the kitchen.

I hope you are all having a lovely day and thanks for looking.

Happy crafting,

14 comments:

Rita said...

I'm loving the versatility of these cards Elizabeth and every card box should have some. Hugs Rita xx

Di said...

Another super batch of cards Elizabeth. You're on a roll right now :)

If things get bad do you wanna come and help shorten some cargo trousers here? Thought not :(

Hugs

Di
xxx

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, How cute are these!! xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth, what a beautiful array of gorgeous cards, the colour changes really do make a difference. Good luck with the decorating at least you are holed up in your craft room could be worse lol !

Marie

Sarn said...

Haven't you done those Cargo Trousers yet Di? He'll have grown out of them by the time you finish!

Oh, sorry Eliabeth! Your cards . . .they are brilliant. Great idea to batch make these little beauties.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Jackie said...

They look just as beautiful as the original one Elizabeth :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

so gorgeous elizabeth.fab colours and design :D

xx coops xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Some more beautiful cards! You are so smart to find a layout that you love and make up several cards! That way you'll always have one on hand!

Peace,
Kay

scrappymo! said...

These are great for the stash box...I love to have a box or two of finished cards on hand as my daughters will drop by and pick out a dozen or more at a time!
Making them in batches is a great idea!

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

At last I am back in the land of craft blogs .. . yay!!!

I hope all is good at your end.

Love the cards you have posted here. Surprising how different they can look with a change of paper!

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful cards Elizabeth.
luv
Debby

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful and very useful little cards. Liked the idea of inking the stamp and pressing the card on to it as I have a couple of stamps that just refuse to stamp correctly.

Julia S-W said...

Somebody has been VERY busy!! They really are gorgeous little cards and so useful.
Juliaxx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous set of cards, love the background stamp you've used! Hugs, Lisa x