Thursday 3 May 2012

Wild Roses - a Thinking of You card

Hello Everyone,

It's been another busy day for me with clothes shopping the order of the day. We are preparing for our road trip in June, not long to go now, so the EM dragged me of to the shops to buy holiday clothes. Unfortunately, I consider shopping, especially for clothes, a complete waste of precious time ... time I could spend doing something, anything, much more interesting :(  However, I discovered that M&S are having a sale so I hit the racks and found a few nice tops ... I'm happy and the EM is delighted ... result!

It's polling day for us, we are electing our local councillors, so we popped into the station and did our duty. This year sees the introduction of the proportional representation system of single transferable vote, meaning we had to number candidates in order of preference. Our votes will be counted electronically - we live in interesting times :)

Enough of that, on to the card.


I really love this DP from The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady collection ... wild roses always remind me of childhood times ... a very long time ago now ... walking daily to and from school through country lanes lined with hedgerows that consisted of hawthorns, honeysuckle, ivy and, of course, wild roses.  I'm ashamed to say that both the paper and the coordinating tag, came free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine some time last year ... I've been hoarding it ever since. But in true Use-It-Up spirit I've finally cracked open the pack :) The lace decorated panel is made from a snippet of card left from a previous cardmaking session. The vintage cream lace is from Etsy shop.


The pretty floral card candy was part of a package won from Mandy - thanks again for that - but, sadly, the source of the ribbon has long been forgotten, ditto the butterfly. Offcuts of the DP decorate the inside and back.

Materials used:

  • Square white base card
  • Leftover brown card for matting
  • Paper and tag, The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady
  • Snippet of white card for panel
  • Martha Stewart butterfly edge punch
  • Vintage lace, Fiona Jennings Etsy Shop
  • Embellishments - ribbon, butterfly, card candy from stash


I'm entering this card for the following challenges:
Paper Crafting Journey #8 - Vintage


and because a fair proportion of the materials are from the snippets drawer, this is one for Di again over at:

Right, I'm off to keep the EM company for an hour or so, crochet a granny square or two whilst watching a bit of telly, so I'll bid you goodnight and see you again some time tomorrow.

Happy crafting,






10 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

Catching up with you at last whilst my printer is nicely on overdrive.

Loving your papers very much. Any roses remind me of my late Mum in Law. Her garden was full of them. Every colour and type you could image .. .. some of them years and years old.

She would always have some in a little vase next to where she sat .. and next to a photograph of her late husband :-(

Pleased you managed to get a couple of tops. I hate shopping too .. .. unless it is for crafting goodies of course LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

Di said...

Oh Elizabeth, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love everything about it - it's just beautiful, plus it's pink and Edwardian Lady images are always lovely. Brilliant! Di xx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...good ole M&S they always come up trumps & we'll be having our local elections soon too...loVely card Elizabeth and the paper does evoke the romance of yesteryear...Mel :)

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,What a fabulous image and papers.xxx

Bernie said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth! Love this fabulous paper. I hate shopping for clothing too. Actually I have all shopping, except for crafting goodies of course
Hugs

The Craft Bucket said...

Beautiful card, love those Edwardian papers too! Thank you for joining us on the Joanna Sheen challenge & good luck. Jane (DT) x

Rita said...

What a beautiful card Elizabeth. I love the papers and the lace looks gorgeous. Have a nice day. Hugs Rita xx

Marie-Louise said...

Love the card Elizabeth. The papers are gorgeous.

M said...

Gorgeous classic look to this one, love it. M x

Sarn said...

Oh well done for using up some of your magazine freebies Elizabeth.
I really MUST take a leaf out of your book and do the same . . .

This is a lovely card. Very feminine. xxx