Wednesday 2 May 2012

A Simple Thank You Card - a snippet make

Hello Everyone

I know I haven't posted in quite a few days ... no particular reason except I've been really busy and occupied with non-crafting activities that have kept me out of the craft space.  And, I've been having withdrawal symptoms ... not crafting = not happy :(

Today, however, I did manage to spend a goodly amount of time crafting and the first thing I made was a snippet make for Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge # 18 - it wouldn't do to miss a chance to skip into Di's playground :)


It's just a wee card using up the tiniest strips of leftover papers - you might recognise them from the scrapbook layout - Spring Lambs - posted earlier this month, with a minuscule snippet from my much-treasured Graphic45 pad, Le Romantique, that I just could not bring myself to throw away.

The base is made from a piece of hammered white that measured a fraction over 8" in length by 3¾" wide, folded in half. I then adhered the strips to the front of the card, leaving gaps of differing widths - the widest gap left for stamping the greeting on. A few lines of faux stitching, some bakers twine and brown pearls for embellishment - a quick and simple job.


The card looks as though it's lopsided in this pic but I can assure it's not - I blame the photographer, myself :))

Materials used:

  • An off-cut of white hammered card measuring 8"x3¾", folded in half.
  • Strips of leftover DP in coordinating colours - mainly Daisy Bucket Designs with the Graphic45 and a couple of unknowns thrown in for good measure.
  • Crafty Stamps, Thank You greeting stamp
  • Memento Ink Pad, Rich Cocoa
  • Ribbon Carousel's turquoise/white bakers twine
  • Brown marker pen (faux stitching)
  • Brown pearls from stash




It will be a sore point for some of you but we have been enjoying lovely weather here in Ayrshire, sometimes a tad chilly, but otherwise fine. However, it's clear that much of the UK hasn't been doing so well, with torrential rain, thunder and lightening, and flooding as well. And yet there is still a hosepipe ban!!!

I hope that you have all escaped the worst of the weather and that you are having a good week.

I've not joined in with WOYWW this week ... just needing to curtail activities, retrench, catch my breath, etc., but in the words immortalised by Arnie, I'll be back :)

Happy Crafting,







13 comments:

Rita said...

Missed you to-day on WOYWW . Your card is lovely and the way you have displayed the snippets looks great. Sometimes life gets in the way of our crafting, but such is life. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Rita xx

scrappymo! said...

What a grat use of your scraps! I like your card...hope you win on the challenge.

Di said...

Fabulous snippets card Elizabeth - as always, a super result!

You sure have a lovely selection of papers. And, bah humbug, it's cold and miserable down here :(

Di
xx

Karen said...

What a fab card! I love how you have used those smallest bits of paper, it is so effective and looks gorgeous :)

Hugs, Karen xx

Jackie said...

Wonderful way to use leftover snippets, very eyecatching :o)
Jackie xx

Annie said...

What a great use of all those snippets Elizabeth. Love the colour combos.
Hugs,
A x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, what a clever idea, hope you don't mind if I copy it, I have so many scraps.
luv
Debby

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth.i love how you have used your scraps and the wrapped around twine is fab :D

xx coops xx

Jules said...

Wow Elizabeth .. .. what a fab way of using up snippets!!

Love this idea!

Hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

Sarn said...

I'm with Jules (above) . . . terrific way to use up snippets. Brilliant.

xxx

Mrs A. said...

Love how you have used the snippets on the diagonal. Great idea. Nursing a sick cat on my lap at the moment so can't get into my craft pod. We have had bucket loads of rain here this week. The end of my garden is like bogland. The plastic bags I put on the swings worked a treat. See you about soon. Hugs Mrs A

Bernie said...

Fabulous card Elizabeth! What great papers and fab colors. Love the design as well.
Hugs

Irene said...

A brilliant snippet card with great use of small pieces of paper.
I love how all the colours mix and match perfectly.
luv
irene
xxxx