Sunday 20 May 2012

Purple Rose - a vintage-style tent card

Evening Everyone,

I don't know where today has gone, I think I spent too long over the crossword today and wasted a lot of time pottering around!

Anyway, whatever took my time, when I finally got into the craft space to do a bit of crafting, I had no idea what I was going to make :)


After much humming and hawing, fiddling and faffing, etc., here's what I came up with ... a card that just sort of developed as I went along.  The rose organza trim was the starting point - a length has been tucked away in my stash since last year. One of those items I've been itching to use but never quite decided how, though I did think perhaps I might use it in a scrap layout at some point. As it turned out, today was the day to use some of it for sure.


Because it would have been a shame to have to cut through one of the flowers, the card has been made to fit a length three flowers wide.


Materials used:

  • Base card: a leftover piece of white cardstock trimmed to form a tent-shaped card measuring 5¾" x 4"
  • DPs: Papermania Mono Capsule Collection; snippet of My Mind's Eye, So Sophie "Sweet Chic"
  • Topper: My Mind's Eye Graceful "Little Lady" Sticker - matted on to a snippet white card - and mauve rose from Prima
  • Embellishments: Magnolia doily; baker's twine; rose organza trim; snippet of purple bling; purple button and self-adhesive gem - all from stash
  • Handmade hatpins




I am going to submit this card to the following challenges:

Shelly's Images - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me - Pearls and Lace
Card and Scrap - Vintage
Freshly Brewed Challenges - Tic Tac Toe - Flowers, Patterned Paper, Bling
Hooked on Crafts - Flowers

and, of course, a card that has snippets and leftovers in its makings just has to be submitted to our lovely  Di's challenge, that is:


Right, time to hit the hay - I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend with lots of opportunities for some  crafting time. Oh, and I hope it's warmer wherever you are ... it's downright chilly here!

Happy crafting,








23 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Very pretty indeed.Love the colour on the rose. Every time I make a tent card shape it slips down! Must be doing something wrong. Any tips?
Hugs Mrs A.

Karen said...

Elizabeth, this is just gorgeous, I love it all!

Hugs, Karen xx

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, so pretty. I love the organza rose border :o)
Jackie xx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...Elizabeth if you enter your craftroom without a hint of what to do & come out with a gem like this you should do it more often...tis a loVely card with gorgeous ingredients, especially that 'look at me' flower...Mel :)

Di said...

Oh Elizabeth, what a fabulous card. And thanks so much for saying that you made the card to fit those lovely 'whole' organza roses, I've also got some unused as yet and doubt if I'd have thought of that tip! Well done on being first into the playground as well.

Di
xx

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card Elizabeth - the organza roses are fantastic. Love all the detail.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous...xxx

Irene said...

Hello Elizabeth
A stunning card I love it, so Vintage and Shabby chic. I like how you have tied the twin and what gorgeous flowers.
luv
irene
xxxx

Rita said...

What a wonderful card Elizabeth. Those flowers are yummy to say the least. Hope to craft this afternoon. Hugs Rita xx

Jacqui Chimes said...

I love 'working' in this way and your result is really lovely

coops said...

Gorgeous card Elizabeth.Your flower is stunning and i love the colours.
Thanks for joining us this week at Crafts and Me :D

xx coops xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth, Yur card is stunning l too have some of those roses which l got when l first started crafting a number of years back too many to mention......lol the style l also like and l too find they slip down but a little tip bend both ends about 1/4" and its use as effective, great for your challenges good luck too have a nice day:)x

505whimsygirl said...

What a beautiful card! I love the rose.

Hugs,
Kay

sara said...

beautiful card thanks so much for joining us at crafts and me this week
hugs sara x x

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Elizabeth! Thanks so much for joining our "SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous, beautiful details.
luv
debby

baileyrosy said...

Oh Elizabeth this is a dream, what a beauty !!! Love the paper and those gorgeous flowers very lush indeed.

Marie

Carol said...

Beautiful snippet make Elizabeth, the colours are so pretty and the organza trim is gorgeous. Carol x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colour palette and the big rose looks absolutely striking! Love it!!! xx

Bernie said...

Don't know how I missed this Elizabeth, it's stunning! Lovely papers. Love the twine treatment and that mauve rose is gorgeous!
Hugs

Sarn said...

WOW - this so feminine and pretty Elizabeth. I totally adore it. xxx

Lynn said...

This is a super card - the organza roses are scrumptious. Hm, handmade hatpins eh, will have to check that out :-). This card has certainly been made with love. Lynn x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is GORGEOUS! love that paper rose.

Thank you for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges.
Heather D.
www.freshbreweddesigns.com