Wednesday 13 April 2011

WOYWW - Week 97 - Mojo in Full Working Order

Good Morning All


A Happy WOYWW day to you all - and if you've never experienced this blog hop of blog hops before take a trip over to the keeper of the register, Julia at Stamping Ground, and join the fun, but be warned, it's addictive!

And here's what's on my desk this morning - a finished card and another not quite finished with it's makings strewn around it. If you popped in last week you will know that I had the materials lying out for several projects but missing the inspiration to do anything with it. However, a morning blog hopping, looking at all your wonderful creations and I was off. I've been messing with ink and glue and gesso taking my inspiration from the work of Brenda at Floral Fantasies - and amazingly winning a prize with this card. Decoupaging kittens, (sounds as though it could be a line from the Sound of Music!) and experimenting with watercolours and rock salt - not successful so back to the drawing-board with this one. And finally getting to the two cards you can see above - the inspiration for these came from a couple of challenges - not entered, just inspirational! Oh, almost forgot, I've been making butterflies. You can see two rejects on the wee plastic box at the back (contains rock salt). The one that passed quality control is on the green card.

So apart from my usual containers and the chick box full of ink pads you can see ribbon and trims, a pot of card candy, roll of DS tape, glue tape runner, 2 pair of scissors, ant the heat gun which is partly concealing the 'shoved aside' stuff!  There is also a glue syringe - you can just see the tube just behind the Otilite - newly discovered and brilliant for glueing layers of decoupage. The eagle-eyed among you might have spotted two pretty round boxes in the background. The blue one contains tiny bits of card that occasionally come in handy and the pink one has talcum powder in it. I use that for brushing over card to try to cut down static before covering in embossing powder.

Many thanks to all who popped in this past week and left lovely comments. I know you are all very busy people so I appreciate the time taken. As Julia's list has increased to humongous proportions I struggle to visit you all - and fail dismally week after week. I simply run out of week, every week : (  So, apologies to those of you I didn't get to last week - maybe I'll make it this week!

It's a dull, damp day here in Ayrshire this morning so I'll leave you with this photo taken in the orangery at Culzean on Sunday - this so reminds me of the hot, hot, hot days the EM and I spent on the Amalfi coast, now a long time ago : )


Happy crafting

24 comments:

Annie said...

Lovely cards on show today :-)
A x

Neet said...

Do I spy a C Card? I know I do and I love it - what a pretty card you have made. Congrats on your win and I am looking forward to seeing what you create with all the things you mention. #26

lisa said...

It's dull and damp here too this morning, Elizabeth, Hopefuly Summer will return though, we live in hope don't we?
Your desk is looking very organised as always and I like the look of your card.
Congrats on your win.
Hugs Lisax #81

Helen said...

great cards - hope the day gets brighter!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Elizabeth... love the orangery..and love the card on your desk today - nice and like my walk along the seashore today... yes we do need to get out in gorgeous sunshine ours will be going tomorrow for a few days according to weather man?! thanks for sharing..Happy WOYWW,
love Shaz in oz.x

lisa said...

Hi Elizabeth. I'm back again. Thanks for your lovely comments.
The promarker matting is a tip I learned from another Blogger and has to be the best thing I've leant so far. The idea is that you can use the same colour for your mat that you've used to colour the image so that it all matches and you don't spent ages rummaging for card that matches. I use it for just about everything now though. You cut a piece of plain old white card for your mat layer and then go round the edge with the chisel end of the pen and mat and layer in the usual way. It saves your coloured card for more important things and gives you and endless range of colours for matting.
Hope this helps.
hugs Lisax

Sherry said...

I'm glad your mojo's up and running again. Lovely Christmas card on your desk, which I must say is wonderfully tidy and organised.

Sherry (103)

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Elizabeth. Had to give WOYWW a miss today as I just had so much to do as we may be off away next week and there are too many things going on. I never get around to all the lovely WOYWWers so I usually do every 5th from where I am up and then down the list later. I get through a lot that way and any desks I really like then i do an RSS feed so they pop up every time they post anyway.
x Tricia

Karen said...

Lovely cards on your desk. I am glad that you have found your mojo again, its not very nice when it goes walk abouts!
Have a lovely Wednesday,
Karen #102

Hettie said...

Where did you find your mojo? Mine has gone awol!
Lovely cards on your desk. Lisa's idea is a good one - will have to remember that one!

shazsilverwolf said...

Love your cards, Its nice to have a snoop around again, been too busy the last couple of weeks- I feel guilty if I post and can't visit as many as possible too! I think we all do,but at least we all know that life gets in the way sometimes, lol. Shaz #105

akilli melek said...

those are fab cards elizabeth, glad you got your mojo.
caroline

Dolly Daydreams said...

My goodness Elizabeth my desk has never been that tidy never. Glad to hear the mojo's back and congrats on your win enjoy your candy.

Thanks for your comments and I agree with you am definitely not sane and the neighbours aren't either so all is well.


Marie

Carrie said...

Bit grim here in Telford too weatherwise but feeling much happier now I have popped over to see what you have been up to today. Glad your Mojo is in full swing.
Love
Carrie
xxx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

That winning card is really lovely, and thoroughly deserves to win. I like the look of your butterflies too, but how are you using rock salt? Thanks very much for your visit and lovely comments. They do mean so much.

Nicky said...

Great desk lovely cards and congratulations on your win

jude said...

Gorgeous desk this morning ,love the look of the card on there.Have fab creative wednesday

okienurse said...

Nice desk. Beautiful cards. Congratulations on the win! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #78

Di said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for calling by - craft room is all back to normal now - and we did manage to sleep in the bed, so no sofa snuggles after all! Loads going on in your den - I'm fascinated by the butterflies....and rock salt? Que!!?? Hugs, Dixx

Angie said...

Those are lovely cards ...I agree it is so hard to get round to everyone I tend to visit the first 40 and then dot around covering another 20 or so. It takes me several days as my back and knees get stiff sitting without moving and I'm a slow typer ....joys of advancing years lol

Jennifer said...

Ooh I love seeing other peoples work spacesMakes me want to get all my stuff out! xx Jenny xx

Ciska said...

Lovely cards on your desk, Elizabeth, I am sure we will be seeing them on the blog very soon!

Carola Bartz said...

There are some very lovely things on your desk.

Jona Panesa said...

lovely cards. I am late again this week.