Friday 29 April 2011

Week 17 Christmas Card - Popcorn and Souffle

Good Evening All,



No prizes for guessing how I spent much of my time today - I just love a wedding : ) You don't have to be a Royalist to enjoy the spectacle. The bride was beautiful, her gown was stunning, the bridegroom was handsome in his uniform and the ceremony was perfect.

After it was all over I was back up to my craft room to make this week's Christmas Card! I know, from the sublime to the ridiculous :)

Crafty Hazel gave us a very hard task this week. She asked for a 'touch of Easter for Christmas'. Specifically: 'use either the colour yellow - little or a lot (you can use other colours as well, as long as yellow is visible) and/or an oval shape on your card.'

This really had me thinking and mainly what I thought was, 'I can't do this.' I almost considered skipping the challenge this week until I remembered Crafter's Companion's character, 'Souffle', Popcorn's little friend. So here's my interpretation of Hazel's challenge.



There's yellow - lots of it - and there's an oval. The image of Popcorn and Souffle is decoupaged - this fact doesn't show up well in the photos though.



Most of the materials came from a Crafter's Companion Make Christmas Cards pack. All I added was the tartan ribbon,, the white cardstock (to make an A5 size card) for the base and some gold card for layering.



The inside and back are decorated with leftover design paper - the edge of the lemon paper decorated with my one and only Martha Stewart punch - and some topper from the pack.


Inside

Back
Really a very quick and easy card to make.

I'm entering this card for the usual challenges:
  • Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #17- A touch of Easter for Christmas
  • Snoflakes Christmas Card Challenge on Docrafts

Must hurry to get this submitted so I'll say happy crafting to you all.

8 comments:

Hazel said...

This is a great card, Elizabeth - good idea for the challenge (which I know wasn't an easy one) - thanks for joining in CHNC challenge 17 - hope to see you for tomorrow's new one (easier one) x

Mau xx said...

This is so cute Elizabeth, you certainly pulled a great card out of a difficult Challenge. well done, I loved the wedding too, a lovely breath of fresh air in a somewhat gloomy world at present xx

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, good luck with the challenge :o)
I was at work yesterday but it was easy to tell what most folks were doing, the checkouts were very slow until after the wedding and THE KISS, then it was all hell let loose as they came in their hundreds to shop!!!!!
Jackie xx

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth.the image is so sweet and i love the tartan ribbon.
the wedding was beautiful wasn`t it :D

xx coops xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for your visit & kind comments. Christmas cards in April- wow.I REALLY need to get organised, lol.
Regarding the black webbing, it comes in an aerosol, by Krylon, you spray it in a swiping motion & it falls onto the card/paper in a completely random fashion. I know it comes in Gold, Silver & Black, not sure about other colours though.
This is a great take on the challenge by the way, love how you've interpreted the instructions. Shaz xx

Carrie said...

Wow, that is a tough Challenge!! You have risen to it though as your creation is brilliant!
Hugs
Carrie
xxx

akilli melek said...

lovely card elizabeth, i do like that ribbon.
we watched the wedding too, the dress was so elegant and grace kelly like.
hope you are well
caroline

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Elizabeth, gorgeous card both inside and out, the tartan ribbon is perfect too.

Marie