Friday 8 April 2011

Taking a Dip - Birthday Card for a Sister

Good Evening All,



Two days ago the materials for three cards was lying on my desk - you can see it here - waiting for me to decide what to do with them. I finished the first, my weekly Christmas card, yesterday and posted it here and this is the second. It's a twisted pyramid of a sweet little kitten testing out the waters made up from a little kit I bought on a whim at the Hougie Board stand at the SECC Glasgow. I thought the kitten was very appealing, lovely colours - love green - and, it's got gingham - love gingham, so I suppose it ticked a lot of boxes even though I'm not really into kits, preferring to choose all my own materials. However, the finished result is really quite pretty.

This photograph is not very good - too much shadow on the left of the pyramage - but the lovely evening sunshine was streaming through the window at the time and no matter where I place the card the result was pants! This photo is the best of a bad lot : (

Here's another view of the pyramage.


It's my sister, Margaret's, birthday on the 18th April so I decided this card, with it's lovely spring colours, would be for her - I'm safe posting this because she does not have a computer and so will never see this blog. She was born on Easter Sunday 58 years ago which prompted Nana (our great-grandmother), also Margaret, to suggest my mother named the new baby Esther. Mum, however, had other thoughts on the matter, and named the baby after Nana as a way of saying thank you to her for being around to help her at that time.

Here's the inside - the kit has several toppers in it so I cut one down to decorate the inside and I used one of two tiny squares inside together with a strip of the gingham paper.


The other one I placed on the back.



Materials used:

Design House twisted pyramid kit from the Feline Friends collection, Taking a Dip,which includes the gingham paper, pyramage and toppers
Cardstock: White card for base; Forest Green(C20, 240gsm from Papermill Direct

Stamps: Stamps Away, Really Useful Words, VersaMark; Sheena's WOW embossing powder, appropriately named Easter Sparkle; Woodware corner rounder
Embellishments: light green card candy


It's been an absolutely gorgeous day here, warm and sunny, and I'm told the weekend is going to be a scorcher. And, if it is, we'll be off out for a drive to somewhere nice. I hope the weather is going to be good for you wherever you are and that you will have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth and your kitty is so cute. I know what you you mean about the photos I hardly ever get a good image no matter what the light.

Marie

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth.the cat is so cute and i love how you decorate inside your cards too :D

xx coops xx

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, I love the way you even use the back of the card :o)
Jackie xx

Hazel said...

I love it. I got your email about your CHNC win. I'm away atm - have internet access but not being successful with actually sending emails (can receive OK) - will try to get it sorted so I can give you the info before we go home on Thursday. x

Christa said...

Hi Elizabeth , your sister will be pleased with this beautiful card ! It looks very nice with all these images of the kitten ; what a great idea to put them together like that. Nice colours , the green and yellow. I love cats ! We have one ; he is 19 years old !! Love from Holland , Christa.

Teresa said...

Great card Elizabeth, I love how you've done the inside and the back to match, it looks superb, I'm sure your sister will love it. Hugs Teresa xx

Di said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth! And the wee eyes inside are so darned cute :) Am sure your sister is going to love it. Di x