Tuesday 19 April 2011

Some Bunny Loves You

Hello Everyone,


An Easter card for my little grandchildren, Alun and Shari-Ann, who are still young enough to enjoy bunnies and butterflies. The others are far too old for such childish things : )

If you are a follower of this blog you might recognise the image and the green paper. They are part of my Robyn's Fetish prize from my recent CHNC win - this cute image is Babette Bunny and the pretty green floral paper is Coney Island Summers 02. I coloured the image with ProMarkers, including the background after watching Leonie Pujol demonstrate it in the Craft Clinic on TV. The wee butterfly's wings are glittered up.

The yellow glitter card is a Doodlebug Design, 1921 Bumblebee Daydream, which I had stashed away for months - it just didn't seem suitable for any project I was working on and glitter card is notorious for being difficult to adhere anything too. However, I've discovered glue gel and problem sorted! The scalloped edge on the design paper was created with scissors that were a freebie with a magazine - but I've forgotten which one.


The greeting is another of my MCS Professional creations - what would I do without it. The greeting is from the Loving Critters set by Paper Garden Project.


The verse inside is another from my trusty tome, Words for Every Occasion by Judith Wibberley and the insert was created on the computer.


The back is simply decorated with a strip of the design paper.

The base card is from Stampin' Up - Wild Wasabi - and the flowers are Prima with one of the textured brads from Papermania Special Brads green pack.

Right, I'm off to have lunch with the EM down at the beach as it is such a lovely day and too good to miss. Hope you all have a lovely day too.


7 comments:

akilli melek said...

lovely card elizabeth, you look like you had fun with your prize.
caroline

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous card for the young, love the colours :o)
I am presuming that you mean your 'trusty tome' rather than 'trusty tomb' LOL
Jackie xx

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth.the image is so adorbale and i love your fab colours ;D

xx coops xx

Carrie said...

A lovely Easter creation, Alun and Shari-Ann will love it! Thank you for sharing it with me.
Love
Carrie
xxx

Christa said...

Hi Elizabeth , what a lovely card for your grandchildren !! The bunny looks great. I like it that you always finish your cards on the inside and the backside....Super ! Love from Holland , Christa.

Purple mad Alison said...

What a lovely card. Nice and cheery x x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Ah what a lovely bunny card. Sorry about not visiting sooner, Easter very busy at my shop so just playing catch up I missed you !

Marie