Thursday 28 April 2011

Last Week's Christmas Card - Week 16 - Carol Singing

Evening All,


This should have been completed last week but the holiday kinda took my mind of it. So here it is at last. The theme for the week was singing/songs so I used one of my favourite digital images - Princess Singing Carols.


Coloured with ProMarkers - I'm sure I could colour her differently but somehow she suits pink ;)



I distressed both the snowflake and the image with Tim Holtz' Spun Sugar - my new favourite ink pad and used Camel's Hair (don't you just love that name) seam binding to embellish. The gorgeous papers are from one of my favourite digital suppliers, Bearly Mine Designs - love how they all co-ordinate so well, e.g. the music note paper has touches of pink which goes well with the pink in the snowflake paper.


The insert was created using just the pink paper and left it blank - I won't know until nearer Christmas who will be the recipient.


I carried the music note paper through to the back.

Materials used:
  • Cardstock: pink card 5"x5" base and matting; white card for stamp and greeting banner
  • Paper: Digital papers from Bearly Mine Design, Christmas Delights, CD11 & CD23
  • Stamp: Princess Singing Carols from Digi Stamp Boutique coloured with ProMarkers:- Rose Pink, Blossom, Ruby, Olive Green, Pastel Blue & Ice Grey 1; Hero Arts, Magic Holiday greeting
  • Embellishments: Camel's Hair seam binding from The Ribbon Girl; die cut snowflake; Tim Holtz distress ink, Spun Sugar; iridescent glitter; pink flat-backed gem; gold embossing powder
So now that's one down and one more to go to bring me up to date although right now I've no idea what the next card is going to look like. The challenge is to use yellow and/or an oval shape. I think I'll have a rummage through my papers and see if I can get some inspiration from them.

Happy crafting to you all,

4 comments:

Little K Smith said...

Aaawww this is gorgeous, adore the sweet puddy cat and love the soft colours too :)
Kelly.x

Jackie said...

What a very cute card :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

gorgeous card elizabeth.the image is so sweet and i love your pretty papers and colours :D
have a lovely weekend :D

xx coops xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

I love this card it's so cute and the pink edged snowflake is perfect.

Marie