Monday 14 February 2011

The Wedding Tag + Valentine's Day Roses

Good Evening Everyone and Happy Valentine's Day

Yesterday I finished the wedding tag I was working on when I posted for WOYWW on Wednesday and here is a couple of photographs:


I had to make the box to match too.



This tag is very similar to the one posted on Wednesday - for a peek click here.  The main difference is that I've used a slightly different digital stamp from Pink Petticoat, it's still Lola's Big Day but she's wearing an ivory dress and the bridegroom is wearing the kilt.

I start by cutting out a tag in cardboard (I use the backs of envelopes used for sending photographs but any reasonably thick card would do) from a homemade template measuring 6.5" (16.5cm) long and 3.5" (9cm) wide. then I cut the template out twice in design paper, in this case I used two different designs. For the front American Crafts 'The Colour of Memories' and the paper for the back was from Flair Designs Love Collection, 'Love and Marriage'.  The card is then covered with a coat of white Gesso and then a coat of white acrylic paint, this ensures that there's a good foundation and that the edges are covered. Then the DP is adhered to both sides.

Stamps used: Papermania AlphaMania (the couple's initials); an Anita's stamp which appears to be nameless but the design has script, hearts and blots; Papermania Boutique 'A Perfect Day'.

Other materials:
Silver embossing powder; black ink pad; Promarkers; iridescent glitter; Stickles in Crystal; Wild Orchid flowers (white roses, cherry blossom, white rosebuds) heart shaped pin (decorated with gems from stash) and a blue crystal spray; small blue roses and heather sprays from The Works; ribbons and pearl trims, bell, key and heart charms, fibres in shades of white, blue and heather all from stash.





Materials used for the box: base in plain white card; top in pearlescent white card from The Paper Mill Shop.
Flowers as before and label is from a Magnolia die.

In my next post I will show you the anniversary tag that started it all.

In the meantime I hope you have all had a lovely Valentine's Day - I know I have. We stayed in, which, according to the news, is what most couples are doing and had a lovely celebration dinner. DH did present me with a dozen red roses and here they are:



Gorgeous, aren't they.

Goodnight to you all, sleep tight.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Elizabeth, what a beautiful tag, everything about it is just perfect, love the image and all the flowers and accents that you have used :-)

Lovely flowers from hubby too... when I came back down to the house tonight from the workshop, my hubby told me I looked like the back end of a panto zebra in my stripey jammies lol

Sarah xx

Hazeyj said...

Beautiful flowers Elizabeth, hope you both had a lovely day; we stayed in too! Thanks for your comments - yes we both have a car but only mine gets used so we were out to downsize and get one car between us. Mr H 'lets' me drive everywhere unless my back or legs are too sore; aren't I lucky. We'll find a car but he is ticked off with car salesmen at present so more visits to dealerships for me, yeh!
Your wedding tag is amazing and such a lovely keepsake. Honestly, I think your work just gets better and better, it has real flair. Hazel x

Jackie said...

What a beautiful tag and the roses are gorgeous too :o)
Jackie xx

Carrie said...

Wow, so much work has gone into this tag and it has really paid off as it is stunning. Thanks for sharing it with us xxx

lisa said...

Wow, gorgeous roses, Elizabeth. What a romantic pair you are. We opened a bottle of wine and swapped cards but it was still lovely.
Your wedding tag is a real work of art, what a lot of work you put in. I'm sure the happy couple will treasure it forever.
Hugs Lisax

Dolly Daydreams said...

What a talented lucky girl you are Elizabeth ! The wedding tag is just beautiful an amazing amount of detail in such a small space. Love it. as for the flowers absolutely beautiful. Marie X

coops said...

wow, what a fabulous tag elizabeth.the image, colous and details are so beautiful :D
beautiful roses too :D

xx coops xx

karen said...

Your tag is breathtaking! What a work of art it is! I am sure it will be cherished forever!
xoxo Karen